A little background

The plan of the blog is to cover the overall build of my Willys M38.  For the purists, it's not a genuine M38.  The body is I think an early repop as it has the M38 style removable dash, military light switch hole and left hand mounted handbrake.  It doesn't have a cowl mounted battery box for the second battery and for ease of use it'll be wired 12 volt.

The body I bought from photos on the web and luckily it was pretty much what it claimed to be - green and with lots of rust in the passenger side floor, under the tool box.





The frame is a shortened and boxed Mahindra chassis running Dana 44's front and rear.  It'll run the Mahindra F-134 with a holley carb (to squeeze under the early height hood) and we'll hang a Fairey overdrive off the back of the transfer case.

I'm learning as I go on this build under the watchful eye of  Don the Willys fanatic who seems to have every part in stock that you though you had or were about to order and wait for.

I'm starting the blog part way through the build as I was originally posting my pics on facebook but this seemed abetter idea for all those not interested in a jeep build (yeah right).  It'll start to flow a little better with regular updates.

Comments

  1. THIS LOOKS LIKE A TERRIBLE PROJECT - YOU'LL NEVER FINISH IT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while

Wainui Willys Works Camp Trailer Mark 4

It's been a while