Drivetrain coming together

I forgot to bring the camera home on Saturday so no photos until tomorrow.  The gearbox and transfer are all together and I'll prime with an etch primer tomorrow so it can maybe go green on the weekend.  Don and I pulled the sump on the motor and popped a piston and found broken rings.  Luckily the old girl doesn't seem to have done any bore damage though the piston is toast (Don of course has some in stock!)  I hope to finish stripping it tomorrow night and give it a clean so it can be assessed and I can order correct size bearings etc.

The pic is the Jeep Action Australia magazine cover for December.  Featuring Wainui Willys Works (Dons) Race Jeep at the Taupo1000!  Word is he features on the end of episode 290 of 4wdtv doing a spiel on the racer too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while

Wainui Willys Works Camp Trailer Mark 4

It's been a while