Gearbox and transfer primed and motor stripped

Got a coat of etch primer on the gearbox and transfer tonight, then went on to finish stripping the motor.  Pistons 1 and 4 both had the top ring broken so may both need replacing but everything else still looks pretty good.  I'll clean everything on Saturday and have a better look.  I know the big ends look a little scruffy too so there's bound to be signs of wear elsewhere too. 





A few new bits and bobs have arrived from the States lately too.  Vacuum wipers were cheap and suit an M38,  temp sender to suit the gauges I bought and also an aircraft intercom and headsets I bought that I'm going to plumb into the Uniden PRS I'll be running.  Means we can comfortably chat and listen to music at open road speeds!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while

Wainui Willys Works Camp Trailer Mark 4

It's been a while